Istanbul, the cultural capital of Turkey, is a city with a rich history and cultural heritage. Its old city is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and exploring it can be a truly magical experience. In this article, we'll be discussing a full-day tour of Istanbul's old city and all the amazing sights and sounds that you'll get to experience.
The tour starts early in the morning with a pick-up from your hotel. The first stop is the Hagia Sophia, a stunning architectural marvel that was once a church, then a mosque, and now a museum. The interior of the Hagia Sophia is simply breathtaking, with its intricate mosaics and stunning architecture.
Next up is the Blue Mosque, which is right across from the Hagia Sophia. The mosque is named after the blue tiles that adorn its interior and is one of the most beautiful mosques in Istanbul. The tour guide will provide you with a brief history of the mosque and its significance to the Muslim world.
After the Blue Mosque, you'll head to the Hippodrome, which was the center of Byzantine public life and the scene of countless chariot races and other public events. The Hippodrome is now a public park, and you'll get to see the famous Obelisk of Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the German Fountain.
Next up is the Grand Bazaar, one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world. The bazaar is home to over 4,000 shops and stalls, and you'll get to experience the hustle and bustle of the market as you browse through its wares.
After the Grand Bazaar, you'll head to the Topkapi Palace, which was once the residence of the Ottoman Sultans. The palace is now a museum and houses an impressive collection of Ottoman artifacts, including the famous Topkapi Dagger and the Spoonmaker's Diamond.
Finally, the tour ends with a visit to the Suleymaniye Mosque, which is one of the largest and most impressive mosques in Istanbul. The mosque was built by the famous Ottoman architect Sinan and is a testament to Ottoman architecture and design.
Exploring Istanbul's old city is a truly magical experience, and this full-day tour is the perfect way to do it. From the stunning architecture of the Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque to the hustle and bustle of the Grand Bazaar and the impressive Ottoman artifacts at the Topkapi Palace, this tour has something for everyone. So book your tour today and get ready to explore the rich history and cultural heritage of Turkey's cultural capital.
- Pick up from the hotel or location
- Drop off to the hotel or location
- Professional Licensed Tour Guide
- Entrance fees
- Air conditioned vehicles
- Parking fees
- Local taxes
- Personal Expenses
1. Hagia Sophia: Start your tour by visiting one of Istanbul's most iconic landmarks, the Hagia Sophia, a former church turned into a mosque and now a museum.
2. Blue Mosque: Next, head to the Blue Mosque, known for its stunning blue tiles and impressive dome.
3. Hippodrome: After the Blue Mosque, visit the Hippodrome, a former chariot racing track and public square.
4. Grand Bazaar: Explore the vibrant Grand Bazaar, one of the world's largest and oldest covered markets, filled with traditional Turkish goods.
5. Topkapi Palace: Visit the Topkapi Palace, the former residence of Ottoman sultans, which now serves as a museum that showcases the palace's opulent treasures.
This itinerary will take you through the heart of Istanbul's old city, allowing you to experience the rich history and cultural heritage of this fascinating city.